Friday, November 11, 2011

Workshops in Turkish cultural center

This Wednesday I helped in Turkish cultural center or Turkish Selimiye Mosque and leaded a workshop for 8-12 year old children. 

Turkish culture center

In beginning my workshop wasn’t so popular and I had just 3 girls who wanted to make a necklaces from paper crumbs. But some minutes later girls came more and more and I had not a free place on a table. I had together about 8 or more participants. In one moment it looked like in chaos. Because everywhere was glue, glitters, paper balls…… And of course too many questions in one time and naturally I didn’t understand them completely because I learn Dutch just 2 months. But I had 3 girls - assistants who helped to translate and to organize. Thank you girls! Without you I couldn’t organized my workshop so good.


My workshop place



After break children needed to continue their workshop but they didn’t came back. I think they just enjoyed the time with parents and forgot about necklaces. I hope they enjoyed this workshop because I did it. That was so fun, fun…!  :) :)  
And of course I challenge my self and now I know that I can lead a workshops but before that I need to more practice and learn Dutch language because with my current knowledge’s is not enough.


Another workshop

 P.S. First time I ate a Turkish kebab. I don’t know way but I expected a more from that. It is something like hamburger but in Turkish version. And of course I tasted their tradition sweets and cakes - for me little bit to sweet. But I liked it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment