Saturday, December 3, 2011

Charity never fails

Today the weather brings horrible- high wind and strong rain. Brrrrr. But thanks to them I have a time to write a new article in my blog. The beginning of November was very busy.  Believe me! So many things that I needed to do and I did it and I am proud with myself. 

I participated and helped in “11.11.11.” action. This action focuses on the climate change this year because it is primarily the population in the south that goes through the hardest part of climate change. So I helped in annual breakfast - action  in Eversel and my day started at 6 o’clock in the morning. So early, early…Till 8 am we needed to make 520 breakfast packages. One package consisted of cheese, yoghurt, apple,  egg,  juice, jam, croissant, butter  and bread etc. All this to one person. Njam, njam! I also had one package. :)



From 8 till 10 am we needed to deliver packages  to people who ordered them before. We were divided into several groups. One group had about 50 packages.  The most interesting thing was that some people had forgotten that they ordered breakfast before and  I saw their surprised faces and expressions: ¨ Wow, this is for me, really?! ¨. Some people were just woken up. And you can imagine how people look in the morning in this situation - so funny!:)

I also didn't look very good so early woke up.

Also I helped in an art project "Article 27¨. The project refers to an article of the declaration of human rights "everybody has the right to enjoy art …". The project brought art of local artists and artists of other countries together. The theme for all artists was politics, revolution, crisis etc. One part of the earned money of selling paintings was donated for schools in Bangladesh and Cambodia.

¨Artikel 27¨exhibition place
 

The exhibition of arts took 20 days and 4 of them I helped in a cafe. My responsibilities were to service visitors. It wasn’t so easy, because my knowledge of Dutch language are not so good yet. On the first day it was the most difficult for me because of this reason and the people were so many. Anyway, other days were quite peaceful. On the last day I knew everything much better and  also the knowledge of language was better.


In the conclusion of the exhibition was Tango performance. It was very beautiful! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment